What this is

If you've stumbled upon this by chance, this is a feature mini-blog from http://kornsarcade.blogspot.com/ , its parent blog. Just so it's into context, this is a list of games that fit pre-determined categories, presented one per day.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 53 - Best strategy game: Starcraft

Arguably, this spot should by rights belong to one of the Total War games, or a Supreme Commander game, or a C&C game. But not for me. When you make your own list, you can give this spot whenever you damn well please. But for me, Starcraft's completely different but perfectly balanced Terrans, Protoss and Zerg deserve this more than anyone else. Nevermind the captivating lore and story, nevermind the then beautiful visuals, nevermind the awesome sequel which took everything Starcraft was and knocked it up by several notches. The gameplay was...is...just...so...sigh. I don't know how to put it into words. I have not spent more time on a game in my life. Wasted more time, yes. Spent? No. I gave my life for Aiur, and got nothing but satisfaction back. En taro Adun, Starcraft!

No comments:

Post a Comment