What this is

If you've stumbled upon this by chance, this is a feature mini-blog from http://kornsarcade.blogspot.com/ , its parent blog. Just so it's into context, this is a list of games that fit pre-determined categories, presented one per day.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 59 - A game I thought I'd like but hated: Myst


Dear Myst,
I get it. You were beautiful at the time. You were smart. Better than smart, you were intelligent. But you weren't clever. If you were, you'd know I couldn't possibly care about 
you, what with you being so detached, so cold, so uninteresting. I wanted to like you, I really did. But you were just pretentious, and it had to end. You called yourself an adventure game. You weren't. You were just a disguised puzzle game. You fooled others, you sold more than a million copies, a major achievement at the time. You got me to take you out for a spin. But you couldn't keep me, you couldn't fool me forever. Dear Myst...to me, you sucked.

No comments:

Post a Comment